Stunning woodland camping in Sussex. Spread out with spacious pitches under trees, each with a cozy campfire perfect for creating treasured memories with loved ones.
Get ready to relax and unwind – because at Fox Wood life moves just that little bit slower and the calming forest campgrounds are located in a breath-taking oak forest where sunlight beams bath the forest floor at the bottom of a sheltered West Sussex valley – the perfect base for adventuring out from or for simply sitting still and soaking up the country air.
Fox Wood is all about the campfire and we understand that camping just wouldn’t be the same without the gentle waft of wood smoke – and therefore every woodland pitch incorporates a metal fire surround for you to socialise around and cook over – the perfect place for your family to gather and spend some quality time together.
We also appreciate that some of our camping families want to visit the woodland as part of a group, and we welcome groups of families at Fox Wood and have separate extra-large areas set aside just for you – so that you can all pitch together and enjoy each other’s company.
The forest at Fox Wood is an amazing adventure playground for your children – where kids can just be kids exploring nature and running around, making friends and den building till dark – and if they don’t tire out before then there is also an amazing rope swing and slide to entertain them.
Book your forest stay at Fox Wood today and prepare to take it easy for a few days and enjoy some serious rest and relaxation.
What you get when you book a Woodland Tent Pitch?
Your Woodland Tent Pitch includes:
- Bringing and pitching your own tent (standard is a 4 person tent, but two 2 man tents are good)
- Up to 4 people, with a maximum of 2 adults per pitch. You can add extra children to the pitch cost when booking.
- Add an extra if your tent is larger than a 4 person tent
- Allocation for 1 car in the car park (specific parking spaces are not provided)
Facilities onsite include:
- Toilets (cold water only)
- Showers with hot water – 6 single showers and 2 larger family sized rooms – all luxury sized rooms
- Washing up sinks with hot water – 3 sinks outside and 3 located in a covered cabin
- Play area with a slide and swing
- Meadow for ball games, picnics and sun seeking
- Small shop by reception which sells logs, sweets, snacks and a few essentials (e.g toothbrushes & torches)
You’ll need to also pack:
- Cooking equipment, including pots, pans, utensils
- Glasses, crockery and cutlery
- Towels and torches
- Food and drinks
- And a storage container for your food and drink
Check out the campsite map to see where the camping is located.