Fox Wood is a family focused site, and we want everyone to love their woodland experience here with us. The terms and conditions have been put together to safeguard the forest and all the guests that visit or pitch up under the canopy of its oak trees.
Anyone causing a nuisance to others or disrespecting the campsite rules will be asked to leave without refund.
Fox Wood is a wild and natural place and you and all members of your family or booking who visit or camp at the site, agree to do so entirely at your own risk – and as such understand that camping under trees (especially in weather events) can be dangerous and has a level of risk associated with it.
Fox Wood additionally advises that you purchase at your own expense – an external insurance policy that encompasses cover to insure you against injury, loss, damages, or holiday cancellation.
When booking at Fox Wood, you agree that you have read and abide by the terms below.
- All visitors to Fox Wood understand and acknowledge to Waiver and Release any liability or claim against Fox Wood with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or damage that may result from an accident or Force Majeure event – or from any activities that may have arisen or occurred from your time spent during your stay at the Fox Wood Camp site.
- We additionally do not accept any responsibility for your possessions or valuables that you bring with you to the campsite – anything you bring -you do so at your own risk – so please safeguard your items accordingly.
- It should also be understood that if a singular individual (the named person for a booking) – books in additional (extra) families or individuals to join them at Fox Wood (as part of a multiple group camping holiday) – then it will be the responsibility of the aforementioned individual to ensure that every additional Visitor to the Forest who has not booked in personally is sent a copy of the Fox Wood T&Cs – this is imperative because every visitor or guest to the forest must be suitably informed and be aware of the Rules and Terms and conditions to which they are agreeing to before attending the site.
- Presumed knowledge of the T&Cs is the principle in jurisprudence that one is bound by the T&C’s even if one does not know of them. If such parties check in at reception and attend a visit or camping holiday at Fox Wood – then the management will be satisfied and deem that the individuals involved have been provided with the T&Cs and take each individuals own attendance as acceptance of their intent to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- There is strictly NO foraging for firewood, the forest deadwood is a habitat for insects and plants.
- Strictly no permission to cut down or damage trees -or cut off any branches no matter how small.
- Strictly no permission to cut down or damage bushes or any of the other wild habitats found within the Fox Wood Forest.
- All firewood must be purchased on site from our small shop at reception. All our Logs, Kindling and Charcoal are sourced locally from sustainability managed forests. No other firewood can be used on site due to the risk of forest contamination caused by external biohazards. You must abide by these rules if you wish to enjoy a campfire whilst staying at Fox Wood.
- If you are seen upon arrival or at any other point during your stay to be bringing or burning wood from external sources – you will be asked to leave immediately without refund – we have a zero-tolerance stance to this due to the biohazard risks to the forest.
- Please keep your campfire to a sensible size and do not burn your plastics or rubbish – this is detrimental to the environment.
- No fireworks or sky lanterns due to the safety of the natural habitat.
- No stereos or drums please (quiet acoustic instruments permitted) – listen out for owls once the sun goes down.
- Quiet hours are from 10pm till 8am – (Talking around your campfires after 10pm is permitted however for the consideration of your fellow campers you must keep the volume exceptionally quiet).
- Excessive consumption of alcohol and/or anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated – please go elsewhere if you’re looking to make lots of noise.
- We are family focused site – so adults must be accompanied by children (age 0-15),
- We also welcome couples (but not multiple gathering of couples/ adult only bookings).
- No single sex groups of 3 or more individuals are allowed on site. We are a family focused campsite.
- No under 21’s without an accompanied adult of parenting age.
- We are a dog friendly site (as long as your dog is amiable and sociable), as an additional note: children and campers walk and run barefoot around the site and with this in mind please clear up obsessively after your doggy (doggy toilet bin provided – under no circumstances throw dog mess into the bushes – bag it please and dispose of it in the red dog bin.
- Dogs must be kept on a lead, or on a tether at all times whilst on site. Please keep your dog leash length within your pitch. Please do not make us ask you to lead your dog.
- Please think carefully about your rubbish. Remember to put the correct things in the correct bins.
- All vehicles to park in the spaces allocated along the central track. We have a no vehicles policy within the woodland camping areas to maintain the safety of all campers.
- We provide wheelbarrows to assist you in getting your gear to your pitch. We only have a limited number of wheelbarrows, so please return them to a barrow bay as soon as you have finished with them.
- No smoking in or around any of the campsite buildings or facilities.
- Please pitch at least 6 meters away from neighbouring pitches which are not part of your group.
- We allocate a single car per booking. Additional vehicles are chargeable, and you must contact us by email if you wish to bring a second car – on rare occasions we may not have room on site to accommodate your second vehicle, and therefore this decision is at the management’s discretion.
- Day guests are chargeable and must be pre-booked in advance. Please can the day guests register at reception upon arrival. The day guests must also agree to be bound by the T&Cs of the site in the same manner as the individuals whom they are visiting – it is the responsibility of the camping guests whom the day guests are visiting to ensure that their day guests have read and agree to abide by Fox Woods T&Cs whilst on site – we additionally request that day guests leave the campsite quietly by 10pm for the respect of other campers and sleeping children.
- We do not accept single night group bookings for more than 1 family. This is a quiet site without noise and focuses on family enjoyment. Groups that gather under single bookings for a single night will be asked to leave without refund.
- We reserve the right to close the campsite at our discretion if weather conditions pose a threat to campers. You will be notified by email if this situation occurs.
- All bookings are accepted at our discretion.
- Campers not abiding by the site rules may be asked to leave without refund.
- Fox Wood are not liable for refunds or expenses you incur in the event they are prevented from fulfilling your booking as a result of circumstances beyond their control. Such circumstances shall include (but not be limited to) war, terrorism, riots or civil unrest, industrial action, flooding, natural disaster, epidemics, health risks or such similar events (“Force Majeure”). We recommend that you have adequate holiday insurance in place to cover this.
- Cancellation policy:
- Booking requires payment in full (unless stated otherwise).
- Cancellation with 30 days notice and above – 85% refund of full amount.
- Cancellation of 15 – 29 days notice – 50% refund of full amount
- Cancellation under 14 days notice – no refund
- Changing your holiday dates
- Date transfers are not available with less that 28 days notice.
- Transfers are at our discretion and pending availability for the deferred date.
- Transfers are at our discretion and pending availability for the deferred date.
- COVID (Virus) specific policy (no longer active): If the government impose further travel restrictions for overnight stays (or another national lock down), all full paid pitch fees will be offered a holiday date transfer (all transfer dates must be within the same calendar year of the cancellation date) or the option to receive 85% of fees refunded (15% withheld to cover admin and fees). Any pitch fees paid less than 15% will not receive a refund.
If you or a member of your group need to ‘self isolate’ and for safety reasons you wish to cancel your booking, our standard cancellation policy applies. We would therefore advise that you have travel insurance in place to safeguard your holiday costs.
See our Campsite Information page for further information on date changes and charges.